Biotechnology for Electrical Engineers
Instructor: Dr. Uma Srikanth
Register for Upcoming Courses
To register online via credit card, please click the date of interest.
|Course Dates | Location||Cost||Pay Via Credit Card|
|Request a date and location for this course.||$1,195||Add To Shopping Cart|
Refer an attendee and get a free copy of the course notes!
Can't attend the course, but know somebody who can? For this course only, Semitracks is offering a special incentive to those who get the word out about our latest course. If you successfully recommend someone who attends the course, you'll receive a free copy of the course notes. What's more, if you successfully recommend five (5) or more people, you'll get complimentary registration for the course... a $1195 value! Click here for offer details and instructions.
Refund Policy: If a course is canceled, refunds are limited to course registration fees. Registration within 21 days of the course is subject to $100 surcharge.
Semitracks' biotechnology training course will take you through basic biology and dwell on key aspects of gene expression, regulation, and the role of proteins in select diseases.
What Will I Learn By Taking This Class?
The course is divided into 3 sections.
- Introduction to Biotechnology. This course offers an introduction to the unifying themes in molecular biology, biochemistry, and medicine. You'll learn about molecules, the basic building block of living systems, and the structure of the cell. Then, we'll examine the role of mitochondria and chloroplasts in energy harvesting in animals and plants.
- Genetics. Through an examination of genetic material and the information encoded in our DNA, you'll learn about modes of inheritance, genetic mutations, types of RNA, and the role of proteins in the cell. We'll also examine cell communication, the connection of genes to disease, and control of gene expression in prokaryotes and eukaryotes.
- Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering.. During the section on biotechnology and genetic engineering, you'll learn about molecular cloning, polymerase chain reactions, mutation analysis, medical applications, gene therapy, and more.
- Participants will be able to explain the role of genes in our physiological makeup. Additionally, they will learn about modes of inheritance.
- Through the course discussion of the structure-function relationships of proteins, participants will be able to explain the role of key proteins in cellular function.
- They'll also be able to understand the gene-to-protein relationship: how one leads to the other and how proteins regulate genes.
Our courses are dynamic. We use a combination of instruction by lecture, problem solving, and question/answer sessions to give you the tools you need to excel in the failure analysis process. From the very first moments of the seminar until the last sentence of the training, the driving instructional factor is application. The course notes offer hundreds of pages of material that you can reference during your daily activities.
Our instructors are internationally recognized experts. Our instructors have years of current and relevant experience in their fields. They're focused on answering your questions and teaching you what you need to know.
Dr. Uma Srikanth
Dr. Uma Srikanth received her Ph.D. and M.S. in Molecular and Cell Biology from the University of Texas at Dallas in 1999 and 1995, respectively. She is currently at her alma mater, teaching graduate and undergraduate courses to pre-med biology students and graduate students in the field of Biomedical Engineering. She also holds a M.S. in Biochemistry from the University of Madras, India.
Until recently, she was a Junior Faculty in the Department of Neurology at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas. She has conducted extensive research in the field of ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease). Her research interests include neurological diseases and RNA editing. Dr. Srikanth is a graduate of the Business Leadership program at Richardson and the SMU Entrepreneurship program at the Caruth Institute. She has recently started Kricon consulting with services mainly in the area of genetics.
Offer Terms and Conditions
For this course only, Semitracks is offering a special incentive to those who get the word out about our latest course.
If you successfully recommend someone who attends the course, you'll receive a free copy of the course notes. To let us know that you're recommending someone, instruct the registrant to put your name and email address in the "How Did You Hear About Us" box in the online shopping cart. If the person successfully registers and attends the course and your name and e-mail address appear in the online registration data, you'll receive an email detailing how you can receive the course notes.
What's more, if you successfully recommend five (5) or more people who attend, you'll get a complimentary registration for the course... a $1695 value! When you refer five (5) or more people, have each of them include your name and email address in the "How Did You Hear About Us" box in the online shopping cart. After we have received their registration payments, you will receive an email detailing how to receive your complimentary registration for the course. If the people you refer cancel and do not take the course such that the number you refer falls below five (5) people, the offer is no longer valid. Also, please note that Semitracks is not liable for airfare, lodging, or other expenses separate from the complimentary registration fee.