Terms and Definitions
Please choose one of the following categories:
|Terms A-C||Terms D-F||Terms G-M||Terms N-S||Terms T-Z|
Why do we need to define terms and definitions?
- To remove confusion among terms and acronyms
- To alleviate a long-term problem that interferes with effective communication between analysts and requestors and within the failure-analysis community
- To provide certain terms, expressions, acronyms, etc. are prevalent in and peculiar to this profession
- To determine which terms and definitions are focused directly on failure analysis
- To provide a common language (foundation) that improves communication within the failure-analysis community and between failure analysts and the electronics industry by providing and promoting standardization of descriptive technical language
ASTM definitions have been reprinted, with permission, from the Annual Book of ASTM Standards, copyright American Society for Testing and Materials, 1916 Race Street, Philadelphia, PA, 19103–1187.
ASME definitions have been reprinted with permission from the American Society of Mechanical Engineers, 345 East 47th Street, New York, NY, 10017–2392.
EIA definitions have been reprinted with permission from the Electronic Industries Association, 2500 Wilson Boulevard, Arlington, VA, 22201–2392.
IEEE definitions have been reprinted from IEEE Std 100–1992 IEEE Standard Dictionary of Electrical and Electronics Terms, copyright 1993 by the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc. The IEEE disclaims any responsibility or liability resulting from the placement and use in this publication. Information is reprinted with the permission of IEEE.
JESD definitions have been reprinted from JESD29, JESD77 and JESD99, copyright by the Electronic Industries Association, 2500 Wilson Boulevard, Arlington, VA, 22201-2392.
National Technology Roadmap for Semiconductors definitions are reprinted with permission from Semiconductor Industry Association (SIA), 4300 Stevens Creek Boulevard, Suite 271, San Jose, CA, 95129.
SEMI definitions are reprinted by SEMATECH with permission from Semiconductor Equipment and Materials International. Copyright Semiconductor Equipment and Materials International, 805 E. Middlefield Road, Mountain View, CA, 94043.
SEMATECH definitions are reprinted from the SEMATECH Official Dictionary Version 5.0, copyright 1995 by SEMATECH, 2706 Montopolis Drive, Austin TX, 78741.